Having dishes and utensils on hand without cluttering up the space is the big challenge in every kitchen, especially when you are faced with small dimensions. But what seems like a problem of lack of space, is often only a result of a bad organization. To better optimize the space, there is no need to rearrange the entire kitchen. Sometimes you just need to find the kitchen storage tip that will put your cupboards or drawers in order once and for all. With good wall storage, some closet organizers, furniture and diverted objects, we quickly take control of the kitchen. Discover all our ingenious storage solutions for a small kitchen.
Find your kitchen storage tip and become a pro organization
Perforated board transformed into a clever kitchen storage
Perforated storage table
The perforated board is a perfect storage solution for a small kitchen. Its multiple holes make it possible to place hooks and shelves as well as to modify the location of its various elements. Fixed on the wall, it also allows you to gain considerable space in your closets and on your work plan. It also plays the role of an original decorative element that adds a vintage touch to the kitchen.
Necessary material :
- 61 cm × 122 cm perforated board
- wooden beam 183 cm long, 25 mm × 5 mm
- 4 brass wood screws
- 4 pegs
- transparent paint or varnish
- paint roller, paint tray and brush
- wooden skewers
- Electric drill
- tape measure and pencil
- a level
- Have the perforated board cut out in your DIY store to the desired dimensions.
- Start by painting the perforated board and the beams in the desired color. In case you want to leave the hanging board without finishing, it is advisable to apply a layer of clear finishing varnish. In this way you will protect the surface from moisture. Let it dry for at least one night.
- Align the wooden beams with the back of the panel. You need at least two beams placed vertically at the back of the panel. Position the two vertical beams on the left and right sides, so that the edge of the beam is aligned with the edge of the perforated panel. If your painting is over, it is advisable to add another support beam in its middle.
- Secure the panel to the battens using four small wood screws.
- Set the location of the board on the wall and make pencil marks.
- Secure the storage board in the wall by screwing the screws through the holes (one screw in each corner, near the brass screws). Have a friend hold the board against the wall while you screw.
- Once the holes are drilled, remove the board and attach a dowel in each hole.
- Fit the perforated board. Screw the screws into the dowels.
- Hide the heads of the screws with a little paint.
- Attach the items to your shackle. Small shelves, hooks, give free rein to your imagination and transform the painting into a real decorative element.
The steps of mounting the hanging panel
Build a wooden magnetic knife holder
A kitchen storage tip both creative and functional to organize your knives. This kind of magnetic storage block allows you to easily access your knives that do not hang out among other cutlery.
Necessary material :
- a 19 mm block of wood
- an electric drill
- a Forstner wood wick, 19 mm in diameter
- strong glue
- ultra-powerful round magnets (number depending on the length of the wood)
- two small mounting brackets and four nails
- aerosol varnish
- a hammer
- Cut out a piece of wood with the desired dimensions using a saw, or have it cut in your home improvement store. Ours is 6 cm high, 20 cm long and 19 mm thick.
- Drill two rows of holes in the back of the stand. Push the drill bit without drilling through the bracket, so that the magnets are close to the surface of the block.
- Put glue in each hole and put the magnets on it, let it dry.
- Apply a coat of varnish on the front of the support.
- To finish the project, attach two brackets to the back of the bracket with small nails.
- Drill two holes in the wall to screw the bracket. Make sure that the holes are aligned with the small squares. Install the knife holder.
Magnetic knife holder in lacquered wood
Do not let your knives drag in the drawers
DIY wall organizer for your kitchen utensils
Necessary material :
- 3 wall towel rails
- bamboo kitchen utensil holders
- metal shower rings
- an electric drill
- Install the towel rails to the wall according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure the bars are at least 15 cm away from each other.
- Using an electric drill, drill a hole 3.5 cm from the top edge of each container.
- To install the cookware holders, simply open the shower rings, slide one end into the hole, then pass the ring around the bar and close.
Utensil bars with bamboo containers
© A Beautiful Mess
Magnetic spice boxes to stick on the fridge
Set up a tea corner to store your favorite herbal teas
Utensils and organizers to put order in your cupboards and drawers
Save space on your worktop by installing a small wall or floor shelf
Cutting board with two integrated pots
Industrial DIY service that hosts the coffee corner
Make the most of the vertical space with a perforated hooking panel
Mobile and functional, Ikea’s RÄSKOG serving is the perfect kitchen storage cabinet for your small kitchen
The perforated picture and in this little kitchen
Kitchen utensil holder to hang over the center island
Recycled copper pipes in kitchen utensils
A multipurpose perforated board
A storage cabinet for the kitchen that offers a lot of storage space
The layout of a functional kitchen cupboard with shelves and sliding drawers
Small hooks attached to the closet door to suspend the measuring spoons
Optimize lost spaces and fill corners in the kitchen with corner shelves or corner cabinets
Low corner kitchen cabinet with trays that come out for easy access to cooking utensils
Spice-style wall-mounted storage cabinet in wire contrasting with white brick wall
The kitchen storage tip to put the drawers in order once and for all: opt for a compartment organizer
A magnetic bar to always have your knives at your fingertips
Make a mobile central island from a recovered piece of furniture
The service slips easily into a small corner of the kitchen
A coffee station that has everything you need to meditate on a cup of coffee
Small herb garden cultivated in wall planters
Deco tip for a country corner in the kitchen: install a wall mount for coffee cups iron or palette recovery
Wall-mounted modular kitchen cabinet
Give a vintage touch to the kitchen by installing a wall pegboard
Brass tool bar with small hooks installed on the credence
Wall shelf spice rack
The kitchen storage tip that changes everything: hanging kitchen utensils on bars
A clever closet storage that exploits the empty space between the cabinet and the stove
Compartment drawer for storing cutlery
Do you lack space in cabinets and drawers? Make use of nooks and shelves around the door
Invest in conservation boxes to store spices and bulk foods
A closet storage system with functional shelves and drawers
Kitchen storage tip to store your coffee cups collection without waste of space
Bottle rack made with a wooden board and leather straps
Cup holder in the shape of a house
Coffee corner on one end of the counter
The perforated picture is a true decorative accent in the kitchen